Thursday, January 31, 2008

Kids Say The Funniest Things

After lunch today, Eli was very anxious to get back to playing before his nap. Correction: he was anxious for Maddux to get back to playing. Tyler lent us a 'baby' toy that Eli finds interesting too and he knows that it is for Maddux, not Eli. In our house that means he can play with it, but she is sharing with him, so he needs to be gracious while he's playing. (It's amazing that he 'gets' that most of the time!)

Anyway, both kids were in a good mood, so I extended their after-lunch play a little. Maddux sat in her Bumbo and played with the new toy while Eli alternated between the toy and cooking. At one point he was cooking (hamburgers, as that's all he cooks) next to us, but he wanted something across the room. He set down his spatula and said, "Huh. 'patula wait heer. Be right back." Then he set down his 'patula and went to retrieve his other toy. I guess he was worried it would walk away??? It's funny to hear him say that because I think in any given day I say that same thing to Eli and Maddux three or four times. Usually as we're walking out the door, I'll realize I've forgotten something in the other room. I'll say the same words to Eli, "Please wait here. Mommy will be right back." He's a parrot, I tell you!

Quick side note: after Eli's nap yesterday I brought Maddux into his room and he (as usual) asked for "baby, nigh-nigh". (That means he wants her in his crib with him.) I put her in there and then went into her bedroom to get a new diaper so I could change both kids in Eli's room. As I was walking back into his room, but before they could see me, I heard both kids giggling up a storm. Eli was wrapping Maddux's torso with the mommy-blanket and making her 'snug-a-bug-a-rug'. I love this relationship they have!

No comments: