Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Times Like These....

They make it all SO worth the struggles! Eli is so good with Maddux 90% of the time. I just came across a picture in my phone from early December: Eli pulled a step-stool up to the exersaucer and was reading a book to Maddux. This happened while I was in the kitchen making dinner, so I almost missed it. Most mornings or after-nap-times, Eli and Maddux will hang out in his crib for a few minutes while I get diapers, shoes, or whatever ready for the next part of our day. He is so sweet to her, rubbing her head and saying, "Hi Baby!" He still can't pronounce her name perfectly, so most of the time "Man-nex" is what comes out of his mouth. Today he read "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" to her while they both sat in the rocking chair. He tried to show her how to drum on the book like he does. And he includes her in his obsession with music too. Before bath time we usually turn on some music and jam. Now that Eli has a guitar and drums, he'll happily give one to Maddie while he uses the other. No prompting to share necessary. Of course Maddux loves Eli too. No matter what he does, she wants to watch and be a part of it. Life is good.

1 comment:

The Mommy Salami said...

I love their matching shirts! I can't get over all the great pictures you take. You must have your camera by your side at all times to catch such great shots. I'm lucky if I even know where mine is half the time! = )