Friday, January 18, 2008

Random Friday Thoughts

Maddux has started eating an actual solid now. We put her in the booster seat last time and starting yesterday we have given her puffs (finger food). Maddux can grab the food fine, but much like Eli at this age, she cannot get the food out of her hand and into her mouth. She's not sure how to open her fist and retrieve the morsel hidden inside. This means that I need to hand-feed her for now. Eli has seen this and wants very badly to be a part of the process. He asks constantly if he can "feed. sis-ser. baby food." I do have to remind him to be gentle, but for the most part, he is.

Speaking of gentle... A few nights ago I was drying Eli's hair after his bath. This consists of me using the towel to rub-dry as much as I can. I usually play a game where I tell him he's going through the car-wash and rub as quickly as possible. As soon as I said "fast" and rubbed vigorously, Eli looked at me and said, "No! gentle."

No comments: