Friday, January 18, 2008

Silly Monkey....

Eli has started singing more often now. Nowhere near how well his friends, Tyler and Noah sing, but we're making progress. Eli has always filled in the blanks for me when I sing (Take Me Out To The Ballgame and You Are My Sunshine, specifically), but recently he's started singing a full line of certain songs. There are two that he's learned at school that I'm unable to identify, but he loves to sing them: "Two Monkeys Sitting A Tree......CRASH!!!" and "Ohh....Ty-angle.....POP!" One day this week I sang "Wheels on the Bus" one day before his nap and he busted out all of the hand motions that I've been trying to teach him forever. As usual, none of my teachings took, but once they started singing at school, he learned rather quickly. It is so cute when he rolls his hands (round and round) and moves his arm to say "move on back"...

Speaking of teaching, now that we're feeding Maddux solids, we've been working on introducing her to a few signs: more, please, and eat. Eli loves helping with this. He tells me "teach. Sis-ser. 'more'."

1 comment:

Traci said...

I love the angle you took this picture at. Very Cool!!!