Monday, January 07, 2008

All The Pretty Little Ponies

Eli had an appointment with the orthotic this morning to get a bigger shoe. All is well and he got his bar extended while we were there also. Afterwards we went for a quick walk near the polo fields, where there is always a chance we'll see a few horses from afar. We walked and then met Tyler and his mom for another loop before packing up to head home. Just as I was shutting the trunk, three horses clip-clopped down the street (with riders). I pulled Eli back out of the car and let him watch as they walked by us to the polo field gate. One rider offered for him to pet her horse. Holy Moly was Eli excited!! He barely touched the horse near his nose, but the smile on his face the whole way home was proof that his day was made. (He was so proud of himself; I heard "E-I pet horsey." from the backseat several times before we got home.)

Since I had to wake Eli so early this morning for his appointment, lunch was earlier than usual. We ate as soon as we got home, and given the beautiful weather today (high of 70), we ate on the back porch. Eli loves this and Maddux seemed to enjoy it as well. I took the opportunity to snap a few dozen shots of Maddux, as I haven't done a 'photo shoot' with her in several weeks.

No comments: