Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Oga Baby

Eli has started to say words beginning with a "y" or "u" recently, but he uses an "oo" (like "too") sound instead. He runs up to me while I'm cooking each day and says, "Mommy ooze patula?" or "E-I ooze it?" The bizarre looks on people's faces are worth it when he starts talking about oozing...makes me want to reinforce his pronunciation.

Eli's most recent mis-use of the y-sound is "Oh-ga". I recently started back at yoga and Eli loves when I go, just so he can say "oh-ga". "Mommy oh-ga mat is?" "E-I oh-ga?" This morning while Maddux was sleeping I popped in a kids' "oh-ga" DVD so Eli could participate. He wasn't very into actually doing the poses until they got to down dog. He loved that, he could say it, and after a few seconds, he started to walk while in the pose. Strange bird indeed.....

1 comment:

bev said...

Eli would love the Good Night Show that comes on Sprout. They do "oh-ga" on there and Andrew has gotten pretty good at it!