Saturday, January 26, 2008

Puke Baby

That was Lehr's nickname apparently and he has totally passed on the torch to Maddux. We thought we'd escaped the constant spit-up gene because Eli never spit up, but Maddie has it full blown. Honestly I changed her clothes eight times on Thursday. Did you hear me!?!? I SAID EIGHT! That is simply insane. And I'm not one to change the kids' clothes for a small reason; wipes go a long way, as far as I'm concerned. Her clothes were completely covered and/or soaked eight times. And three of those were within an hour. Yet she was happy as a clam; the constant puking causes her no discomfort at all. It obviously isn't affecting her weight either, so the doctor says we just have to 'get through it'. Until then, prepare to be puked on if you're around her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Peyton is the same way. I always have burp cloths within reach incase he spits. Which is usually all the time. I was concerned because he would cry when he would burp or spit up, but I don't like the thought of putting him on meds. Carter was never a spitter either. If he was it was for a very short time, or I just don't remember.LOL I heard they could spit up all the way up to 24 mo. I hope it doesn't last that long. I can't tell you how many times I have had to change my shirt as well as Peyton's outfits. I feel like I live in my laundry room.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Yep! Been there done that! Jake and Emily both had the reflux. Jake's was projectile puke while Emily's was the constant "trickle" of spit up all over herself. Bibs go a long way too! They make for less laundry! - Courtney

The Mommy Salami said...

You mean there is a chance that we could have a "puke free" baby next time? Good to know! We have a "puke baby" as well. I read that they usually grow out of it by 6 months, but not so much for us! Not yet anyway!