Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Oh So Very

Eli has discovered a new work: very. He knows how to use it too! He will tell me "loud. Vewy loud." while he plays his guitar, or "Vewy dewty" when I change Maddux's diaper. It cracks me up that someone who still hasn't mastered the semantics of a 'normal' sentence is already attempting to advance to more complex descriptions! For example, today he told me, "Mommy dwive big truck?" (As in 'Is Mommy going to drive the big truck?") Then he said, "Truck vewy big!"

Speaking of a big truck, I am currently driving a Pathfinder rental while Earl (our RL) is in the shop recovering from injuries sustained when Lehr and Eli were rear-ended last week. Eli seems to really enjoy the 'vewy big truck', and he has told me three times already today, "truck. FUNNY!!" No clue why he thinks the truck is funny, but he does. Last night (while he and Lehr ran a quick errand in the SUV), Eli said, "Hmm. Nice truck. Shiny!"

No comments: