Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sleep Tight....

I love watching Maddux go to sleep. She will rock back and forth on her back for a few minutes, stretching up to grab the strings of the crib bumper from time to time. (Usually they are untied because she unties them and I get tired of re-tying them.) Often when I put her to bed for the night, she moves her fingers over her lips to make funny noises as she settles in for the night. Maddux almost always rolls to her left and hugs the side of her crib when I place her in there. She loves that bumper and I often find her (asleep) still clutching it with her little hands.

My favorite part about her sleep-ritual is when she clutches her blanket. Not the 'special blanket' (as Eli would call it) that my mom bought for her, but the one I knit when I was pregnant. Eli's connection is much stronger with his 'special blanket' as he's had it since birth. I didn't knit him a blanket until he was 18 months. Maddux has had the knit one since her very first day in this house and it shows as she pulls it over her face and sucks her thumb.

No comments: