Friday, February 01, 2008

Life. Is. Good.

For all the blogging I do when I'm having issues with Eli's behavior, I figured at least one post was in order when the tables are turned. Eli has been so enjoyable in the last week. He has been beyond sweet to his sister, saying 'good morning' and 'bye-bye' to her whenever appropriate. And when it's time to eat, he makes sure Maddie is eating too (and if I let him, he helps feed her as much as possible). He's also been very 'sweet' to me during the day, brushing my hair when we're in the bathroom each morning and cooking lots of hamburgers and corn for me on his pretend stove. He has received two time outs in the last three days, but (miraculously!!) he stayed in both of them wihtout so much as a hint of rebellion, even though he was not happy to be there. One of the time outs was downstairs on a carpet square; he rearranged the square in the beginning, wiggling a little, but then he sat back on it and held his hands in 'self-control'. Wow. Like a light switch. Just a week ago I was still struggling with him to stay in a time out that was in any open space. Anyway, not to brag...just to inform of the good days as much as I do the bad....

No comments: