Friday, January 04, 2008

Big Boy

I'm one of 'those' moms now. The ones that use the phrase "big boy" in almost every sentence. Eli has been using his toddler 'tude for the last week since our company left in almost every situation. Yesterday he did it while the kids were eating breakfast. I was feeding Maddux pears and Eli was eating his cereal. Which he always does. Every day. For a year or so now. Of course he wanted me to help him eat his cereal, I'm sure because he saw me feeding Maddux hers. Sometimes I will indulge him a little in this, but he was particularly whiny and not even asking me to help, but rather demanding. So I heard myself say to him, "Eli, I'm feeding your sister because she's a baby and she can't eat by herself. You're a big boy and you can. Big boys also get to play hoops and run bases and cook. Babies can't do those things. Now do you want to be a big boy or a baby?" Lucky for me he chose correctly (this time).

Eli's latest new word is 'trong'. He will pick something up to carry it and tell me, "heavy", as he has for many months now. Then he'll say, "Eli trong." (strong) This morning I carried him out of the Target cart and to the car and he said, "E-I heavy. Mommy trong." Love it. Here's a shot of him flexing his muscles for me.

1 comment:

jolibe said...

We are living in parallel universes girl! I'm one of those moms now too! I thought that Liam wasn't going to have any jealousy issues...but they've reared their ugly head now for the last month or so. And we didn't have any company or chaos over the holidays...so who knows? His favorite saying is "We-um's Mommy's baby boy". I think he's got the Peter Pan syndrome, he doesn't want to grow up to be a big boy yet! Maybe Eli's feeling the same growing pains?