Friday, January 11, 2008

Random Friday Thoughts

We put a bulletin board up in Eli's room last night. He loved picking out photos of friends to attach to the board. One in particular (he and Cooper drinking water in a restaurant) had him in stitches; he kept telling me, "Cooper funny!!" as he laughed.

Eli is still really sweet to Maddux, but he was a little rough with her yesterday during blanket time. I had her propped up with a toy surrounded by pillows. She can sit upright, but she tends to arch her back and fall down, so I pad her immediate area. At one point, she was on her back, but lifting her head like she was trying to do a sit-up. Eli pushed her forehead back down and gave her a toy. He wants her to play hoops with him though, and he loves to read or sing to her when she's crying. And feeding Maddux is just the cat's meow, as far as Eli's concerned. He'll even name the food: "E-I feed Mannex ah-ca-do?" "Baby eat oat-meel. E-I do it?" This morning he had her in absolute hysterics (laughing, that is) on the way home from our walk. Eli was talking basketball (big shocker) and saying the number "five". (For some reason he thinks his jersey is #5, even though it reads, "08".) Hearing Eli say "ffff-eye-vv" just cracked Maddex up...she couldn't stop giggling!

**Quick Update: Lehr just informed me that when Eli and he went to the Hawks game the other night, Lehr gave Eli a choice between getting the basketball or the jersey for #5 (I assume since Eli is 'the fifth'). Eli chose the basketball instead, which is smart to me considering he got the "8" jersey for free. This is most likely the reason Eli keeps telling me his jersey says "fff-eye-vv".

No comments: