Monday, January 21, 2008

Snowy Hike

We visited Sope Creek for a lunch-time hike today, since Lehr didn't have to work. Eli was all about 'dunning' (running) and throwing rocks in the pond. The kicker was, the pond was 90% frozen over! Lehr found a few larger rocks to break through the ice, but most of the projectiles just bounced off the surface. Maddux enjoyed the cool air and sunny skies from the bjorn. I was sure she'd be too heavy for me at this stage (I finally stopped carrying Eli in it when he reached this weight), but my back must just be used to her heft because I don't mind it at all. The only issue we had while hiking was Eli's constant tripping over roots. There are a lot of them on the trail we took him through, and he is closer to the ground, so a large upward step is necessary in order to avoid tripping. After the first two major falls he learned though. He chanted 'oh-ber. doots.' (over roots) to remind himself.

1 comment:

Mir said...

I can't wait to get back on the trails!! Just wondering but do you have a backpack for Maddux? We registered for one, but I know nothing about them. I would love to have one though!