Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Downtown

I took Eli and Maddux downtown to the Children's Museum this morning. We'd never visited before because I thought Eli was too young to enjoy it. He had an absolute blast today! We met Logan there, but the boys seemed to be revolving in opposite circles of activity, so we only 'hung out' on a few exhibits. I had Maddux in the bjorn the whole time and she did very well. She nodded off towards the end, but never got fussy at all. (She really is a good baby!!)

I've posted a link, but let me tell you about a few of Eli's favorite sections. For starters, there is a HUGE food/grocery store/kitchen area. Eli loved this, obviously. Then there was the pond in back. Eli saw Logan fishing in there, so he picked up a pole also, but of course he used it to create huge splashes and both boys ended up soaking wet. Then Eli got the great idea to use a plastic cup to drink the water. Oh-so sanitary!! I stopped that as soon as I saw it; the whole experience by the pond was full of "No! Eli!" The last favorite was the ball area up front. There were several conveyor belts and pulley-system contraptions for the kids to maneuver to move whiffle balls around the area. Eli's favorite was loading up a bucket, pulling a rope to get the bucket up, dropping the bucket in a clear container, and then dumping the container so most of the balls 'rained' on your head. Big shocker, I know!

No comments: