Monday, February 11, 2008

Funny and Not-So-Funny

While Maddie was enjoying her swim lesson, Eli was NOT enjoying his short stay in the YMCA's kids' room. He loves school, loves church, loved MMO, but for some reason, the Y is not sitting well with him. This really baffles me as the staff there is always the same and they are very hands-on with him. Not to mention all of the cool (different) toys they have to play with! I even talked it up all weekend, reminding him that Eli was going to play with other kids, Maddux would play with other babies, and Mommy would play with other mommies. (I did not tell him Maddux was going in the pool with me; no reason to make his situation seem worse than he already thinks it is.) Obviously this causes me some stress as I have to drop him off there twice a week for the next month while Maddux has her swim class. The good news is the class is only 30 minutes long.

On a better note, Eli's favorite word these days is 'funny'. Everything is funny to him. Just today, these are the things he's deemed funny:
- Sam (his stuffed dog)
- truck
- 'patula (spatula)
- Cox-sco (Costco)
- banana
- Mommy
- Eli
- moonic (music)

He will tell me of the funny things around him all the time: "funny banana." "funny E-I" "funny truck!" I will give him the last one (music). After lunch today I turned on an old fave of mine: "Peaches" by The Presidents of the United States of America. Eli loved it. Especially because Mommy borrowed Eli's guitar and rocked out. Hopefully he'll give Daddy a repeat performance tonight.

1 comment:

The Mommy Salami said...

Thats great that Maddux enjoys her swim lessons so much. Morgan and I took the Satruday morning class at our Y last month and we both really enjoyed it. Unfortunely I have too many church and political related commitments to do it again till after Easter. I can't wait to get her back in the water though!