Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wednesday Wrap-Up

Maddux's teething is still pretty out of control. No longer do the ice 'popcicles' soothe her.... I'd forgotten how much a toothbrush helped Eli until today, so after dinner I ran out and bought one for her. So far, so good. The teething is causing her to have very very VERY rosy cheeks half the time. (The other half, they are normal.) The one place she's always happy is the pool; she drank about a gallon of pool water today though. The bad news for her is she only has two more classes!

Eli and I made a paper chain while Maddux took her morning nap. He helped, but not as much as last time. His main contribution was listing all of the things he'll do with Gappa Jib when he comes to visit next month. Mommy had to do all the 'hard labor', but such is life.

My boy became 'big' in my eyes today... When we returned home from Maddux's swim lesson, I left Eli downstairs while I went up to put Mad Dog down for a nap. When I returned two minutes later, he was playing his guitar (as usual). It wasn't until we sat down to make the chain that I realized he didn't have his jacket on anymore. I looked around and saw it hanging on the baby-gate by the kitchen. This was REALLY cool to me for a few reasons. First off, he didn't whine for me to help him take it off!! B) The only article of clothing I've had luck in convincing Eli to remove himself is a sock. And I work at this a lot. So he independently removed the jacket. (YIPPEE!) 3. Eli hung the jacket right where I always tell him to hang it. All on his own. Without any prompting. Life is good.

2 comments:

bev said...

This reminds me of how I felt the first time Andrew took his uniform out of my room and told me he would dress himself. I almost cried tears of joy when I saw him fully dressed with the buttons of his shirt going down his back.

Traci said...

Have you heard of the CD "Everybody plays Air Guitar" by Joe McDermott? It sounds perfect for Eli! =)