Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pink Elephants

What a busy day! Since it's Wednesday, the kids and I were at the YMCA first thing for Mad Dog's swim lesson. This girl really needs to learn to love the water more....ha!! Last night in her bath she was climbing out of the infant tub we have placed in the 'big' bath (she's still too slippery to sit in there on her own), so she could splash with her hands and put her face in the water. What a trip!

The lesson is over at 10, so I quickly changed Maddux, picked Eli up from the playroom, raced home (Maddux was asleep by then), left Maddie in the car while Eli and I went inside so I could pump a bottle for Maddux, get a snack for Eli, and run a comb through my pool-drenched hair. Back in the car by 10:45 (we didn't get home until about 10:20), raced downtown to pick up Lehr at his office all so we could be at Centennial Olympic Park by 11:30. The Barnum & Baily Circus is in town (we have tickets for Saturday's show) and they were feeding the elephants at the park today. I received this secret information in an offhand email, but I figured it had been 'leaked' somewhere more public. Not so. When Lehr tried to search it online today he couldn't find it listed under any public 'event' pages, and the crowd was not too large, considering the size of our city.

As we drove on the highway, Eli saw the skyline and shouted out, "Ca-Go!!!" (Chicago) His "Wrigley Field from A to Z" book has apparently taught him that any time you see large buildings, you're in Chi-town. When we arrived, Eli and Lehr ran around while Maddux and I held a spot in line. She was a bit fussy considering her busy morning (and also, her second tooth cut during the night). Once the elephants arrived, Eli went into quiet observation mode, as he usually does in these types of situations. He watched intently for about 20 minutes and then we let him run again. He kept telling me, "Eh-fents drop Aaapp-poles!" This kid has a good life...

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

You guys go on very cool outings... I'm jealous! My boys have not left this house in two months!!