Monday, February 18, 2008

D'ats My Boy!

Eli has always been a 'strange bird', but now he's really coming into his own in that area. After Maddux's swim class today (where I could NOT keep her face out of the water, by her own preference), the three of us ran to Target. One of the items on my list was goggles. In preparation for Eli's swim class and the upcoming swim season, I figured we'd prevent any water-in-the-eyes issues before they even starts. Wouldn't you know, as soon as we got home and ate lunch, Eli wanted to try the goggles on. He loved them; he walked around the downstairs saying, "See trains!! See Mommy! See books!", as if he'd never been able to see those things before, without the goggles. He loved them so much that he kept them on until Lehr got home (early). He followed Lehr around the backyard, wearing the goggles all the while, pushing his truck. Eli wore the goggles so long that they actually steamed up on the inside.

Quick story from Saturday: Eli helped me mow the front yard. I bought him a plastic mower towards the end of the summer last year so he could help me with this, but he's much more involved now. He followed behind me very closely while I mowed. Since we decided to bag 100% this time, I had to empty the lawn bag several times while mowing. After about the third time I did my quick scan around the yard while I mowed up the hill, since Eli wasn't right behind me. My eyes found him over by the trash can, lifting up his mower and shaking it into the can. I guess he was bagging his clippings too!

No comments: