Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Smarter Than Your Average Bear

Maddux had her second swim lesson today. She didn't so much as fuss one time; she was grinning before we even entered the water! There was a water aerobics class finishing up as we entered the pool area, and Maddux made sure she had eye-contact with each of the six women in the class. They loved her so much that they (seriously!) lined up to see her and touch her before they exited the pool. What a little flirt I have! Mad Dog's favorite part of the class is when we sing "Wheels on the Bus", because she gets to splash her hands in the water. This only splashes her own face, but she could care less.

Eli went to the YMCA's playroom again during our lesson. I still have not told Eli where Maddux and I are when he's in there; I always tell him Maddux is with other babies and Mommy is with other mommies (true!). So last night I tried to get him pumped up about going to the gym and I inquired yet again what he did when he was there? First he told me "cry", as usual, but then he told me he "played in house. on porch." So there is a play-house in the room, apparently. Two seconds later Eli said, "Stand on porch. See pool. Mommy in pool." Greeaaat!! I had NO idea there was a window above the pool (the playroom is on the second floor). No pulling the wool over his eyes on this one!

2 comments:

Heather said...

They are smart ones 'eh? So cute!

Anonymous said...

You have to admit, you were gonna get caught some time.