Friday, September 07, 2007

She's Got....Personality

Maddux is finally starting to really smile as well as 'coo'. She and I have been able to hang out one-on-one a little more recently during Eli's nap. This means no down-time for me, but it's worth it to see my little girl as she's growing up since honestly, while Eli's awake, she rarely/never is the center of our focus. (Just part of being the second born, I guess.)

Maddux will gurgle for a minute or so and then you'll hear these cute little sounds come out of her mouth. I'd forgotten how neat it is to watch them start to develop their social skills! She is smiling more and more, especially during these Mommy/Maddux moments. I caught a few of them with my camera yesterday, though they are not really in focus because she would only smile if I was holding her up with my hand (and it's difficult to manage my clunky camera with only one hand). Also, Maddie's cry is more 'sad' than Eli's was at this age. He just had the regular old cry/wail, where she has a sad lower-lip 'waa-aaa-aaa' cry sometimes. Granted, her life is harder than his because she doesn't get as much attention, and when she does it is sometimes in the form of an older brother sitting on her, kissing her too hard, or pulling off her socks or blanket. So maybe she is justified in this cry. Regardless, it is sad to hear.

5 comments:

JEN said...

Oh, Maddux is gorgeous! Her smile is so sweet, just like her brothers! YAY for QT with Maddux, I know how much you have craved this.

SmallvilleMom said...

That is the cutest smile! Great pic.

Anonymous said...

AWWW, what Great pics of Maddux look at that smile !!!

Anonymous said...

Maddux is gorgeous!! I love these new pics!

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest smile ever! Totally just melted my heart and made me say 'awww'.