Thursday, September 06, 2007

First Day of School

I earned the nickname "nerd" last night when I told Lehr how excited I was for Eli's first day of school. Something about the new school year always got me so giddy each fall...I miss it! I guess that's why you have children...to live vicariously through them for the experiences you like but no longer qualify for?

Eli woke up this morning and had a great time getting ready for school and eating his cereal. This was a very welcomed surprise as yesterday's morning time (before his meet-n-greet) was horrible. He absolutely refused to say his prayer before eating. No way, no how. I don't expect him to recite a long prayer; in fact, this time all he had to do was fold his hands while I sang the prayer and then say "amenen". Silly, but that's something I'm not going to compromise on. Anyway, today was much much better and the whole drive over to the school/church was great too. I think my excitement was infecting his mood! We were one of the first cars to arrive to the loading zone in front of the classrooms, and Eli waited patiently with me while the teachers got into their spots. When the door opened I told him I loved him and his teacher greeted him with a smile and a few kind words, and then he was off! When it came time to pick him up a few hours later, I was one of the first cars again. It was so neat to see the teachers walking the kids in lines to the hall where they waited for their parents. I did not bring the camera, but I will next week because it was a cool sight (for a parent). When the teacher's aide put him in the car (he was all smiles, by the way), she told me he did really well, especially considering he is the youngest in the class. Go Eli!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great PIC!!! He looks like such a big boy with his school bag..Glad his first day went well!!!