Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Why I Love My Job

Nights like tonight make it all worth while. I went out to dinner with a friend while Lehr watched both kids. That could be my punchline because that in itself is a wonderful thing, but there is more.

Maddux has been giving us some trouble where the bottle is concerned: the last three days she has all but refused it when we tried our once-a-day bottle feeding. Tonight I came home from dinner prepared to struggle with her only to find her chugging away without any protest at all. 4 1/2 whole ounces!!

And Eli has made my week, month, and possibly year. I came home and he ran to me immediately. He, Lehr and Maddux were on the couch watching the Cubs game when I walked in. Apparently Eli had been patting the cushion next to him saying "Mommy? Sit?" before I walked in. He missed me (melt melt). A few times as we were sitting there, I had to get up to prepare her bottle and then check to see if it was warm enough. Eli got up and followed me to the kitchen each time. He also told me what he ate for dinner: app-ohs (apples). dye-foo (dried fruit). Hoh baaagh (whole bag). Even if the pay sucks, the benefits are great.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't those the best moments? When your kids show you all that love. Just melts your heart.

Heather said...

Amen!!! The benefits are beyond great!