Thursday, September 06, 2007

Product Review: Luvs Bear Hug Stretch

A Luvs representative recently emailed me asking me if I'd be interested in doing a product review on my blog. As I've never done one, I wasn't quite sure what that entailed, but after a few emails back and forth it became clear. Would I be interested in receiving free stuff? YES!!!

When Eli was born we went back and forth (depending on what size he wore) between Pampers and Huggies, usually favoring the Pampers. We had too many leaks with store brands, and since I'm not a fan of cleaning up blow-outs or wet sheets, I have paid up for the name brand ever since. Our local store does not carry Luvs, so I've not had a chance to try them out before now. The new "Bear Hug Stretch" is not available in Maddux's size yet, so we could only try the product on Eli (thought they did send some size 3's for her, when she grows into them - BONUS!).

Enough background - on to the review! The side tabs do offer a great stretch; they are very comparable to Pampers in that respect. Eli tends to drink a lot of water in the afternoon, and again in his bath, so his overnight diaper often weighs about 8lbs when he wakes up in the morning. If/when I use a cheaper diaper, or even if/when I do not fasten it 'just so', Eli wakes up with a wet spot or two on his sleep sac. So far, no such occurrence while using the Luvs diaper. It appears their "Blue Leakguard Core" really does keep leaks in their place! Luvs advertises no sagging or bunching in their description of this diaper, which proved true. Eli is very active, so lots of running around can move the diaper out of the designated area. Again, so far this has not happened with Eli: the diaper stays put! Overall the diaper seemed to stand up pretty well to the Pampers I hold in such high esteem. I have not seen them in our local store yet, but as long as the cost was the same or cheaper than my Pampers, I would definitely use this new line of Luvs. Overall the diaper seemed to stand up pretty well to the Pampers I hold in such high esteem. Two Diaper Pins Up!

3 comments:

JEN said...

Thanks Nicole for this review, as we are approaching the world of diapers and what not it was very helpful. Did you ever try the Walmart brand...white cloud? I have heard they are good, but I will keep these in mind as well. Thanks!

Heather said...

We love luvs! We get them at BJ's for a great deal! It's really brought our cost of diapers way down. That and the fact that we don't buy them for Ryan anymore :) We are sold on luvs though! great review!

Anonymous said...

I always used Pampers, but a lot of my friends use Luvs. In fact, I believe they are owned by the same company that owns Pampers, so that may be why they always seemed similar to me in style and appearance when I would change them on the babies in the infant room at the preschool I work for. Good for you for trying a new product! - Courtney