Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Weekend Re-Cap

Eli is smiling more than ever these days. It's mostly right around his feeding time, which leads me to believe eating makes him happy (can you guess from the pictures that he likes to eat??). From time to time he'll stick out his tongue at me in response to me doing the same; quite a game. He's also talking up a storm. Lots of "Ahhs" and "Ehhhhs", but still a long ways away from reciting Pulp Fiction quotes....

Friday night Lehr and I took Eli to the river (the "Hooch") for his first walk there. He actually came away without any bug bites, if you can believe it! We then came home and tried on Eli's frog costume. It is intended for Halloween, but I doubt he'll be big enough to fit into it by then. Plus he hates the costume.

Saturday Lehr let me sleep in and then run some errands (my version of a coffee break). After much anticipation, Eli finally got to meet his Uncle Tom and Aunt Megan on Sunday. Monday morning Eli and I went to my 6-week check-up with the midwife who delivered him. He was fine until she walked into the room, and then he started to wail (this doesn't even surprise me anymore). She was very impressed with how well he could hold up his head already. After the appointment Eli and I had lunch with a few former co-workers, and then a meeting with one of the pastors at our church. We followed that 'day-o-errands' up with a hike this morning, and a dinner-delivery to a friend who just had a baby. Although he does great considering all of the places I drag him, I think Eli is starting to think his life is going to be spent in the car seat...poor kid.