Tuesday, June 27, 2006

QT with Daddy

Eli loves his Dad. Pure and simple. I know sometimes he won't let Daddy feed him his bottle, or put him to bed. But those moments are becoming far less and they are being replaced by squeals of laughter and larger-than-life grins whenever the two are together. Last week I was uploading some video and Lehr's voice (rather, duck-impression) came over the speakers. Eli's eyes got wide and he looked towards the door in anticipation. (Poor kid: it was 9AM. He had a long time to wait by that door.)

Lehr took Eli out to the park for some baseball practice when he got home today. I love that he looks forward to spending as much time as he can with his son every night. As much as I want to spend time with both them when Lehr gets home, I have to remind myself that they need 'alone' time together. The moments they share without Mommy are ones I know Eli will cherish forever.

2 comments:

Gina said...

That is so sweet that he looks forward to his time with Eli... thank goodness for sweet daddies!

beth said...

That's really sweet. Sam gets that look when he hears the key in the door as well. No one can make him laugh like his Daddy does.