Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Popsicle Toes

So my new favorite thing about Eli this week is his feet, specifically his toes. I know this is a favorite thing I've mentioned before, but considering we couldn't see feet and toes to dote on for about six months, I think I'm entitled. We've been leaving Eli's bar and shoes off almost the entire day (when he's awake) since he's been showing signs that he wants to be more mobile. This means more access to his feet. When he's in the car seat without the shoes, he grabs his feet and lifts them up (happy baby pose for the yogis), giggling uncontrollably. Then he alternates, grabbing one foot and then the other, trying to bring his toes to his mouth. The rest of the time he just marvels at the fact that the feet and toes are attached to him. I'll catch him every once in a while, in a sitting position, just staring at them while casually brushing the toes with his fingers. I love it!

This morning Eli had his 9-month doctor's appointment (even though he'll be 10-months tomorrow). He's measuring perfect, per the doctor, and he only cried for a few seconds when he received his shots. Also, Eli's 4th tooth broke through on Father's Day, so he now has a set of four: two on top and two on bottom.

5 comments:

beth said...

I love that he sits and pets them. So nice.

Gina said...

Those are some adorable footsies!!! I can understand your awe of his toe fascination... I personally go ga ga over each and every move Liam makes! We are so blessed to have these marvels come to our home!

Glass Half Full said...

My absolute favorite with on both my boys are their feet! No matter how old they get, their feet will always get to me.

Mall Worker said...

I just love baby feet! Eli's feet are just too precious!

Bri said...

Baby Feet! Yay! And now you get to enjoy them! Congrats!