Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys...

That's right. That's my boy in a cowboy hat and no shirt. As his Uncle Tom said, "He sure looks like a Georgia boy now!" (Thanks for the hat, Aunt Linda & Uncle Darol!) Of course, Eli was more interested in playing with the hat, so it was impossible to get a picture without Eli's hands on the hat, in the process of pulling the hat off.

We've been leaving Eli's bar off during the day more and more and this kid is getting pretty good at moving around. No real crawling yet, but plenty of rolling from one side of the room to the other, and he's still doing the backwards crawl. Several times this week he's gotten his legs stuck under a bed or couch because he backed up into it. The funniest moment this week: Eli rolled over to the end of the guest bed and started playing with the cast-iron foot of the bed. Since playing = rolling around, his head ended up under the 'foot' and he got stuck. I know it's wrong, but I laughed as he cried for help...

9 comments:

Jamie said...

Great job on that picture! It's perfect!

Gina said...

I probably would have laughed too. Babies get themselves in funny predicaments.

Mall Worker said...

I just love that little hat! My little guy won't keep his hat on either. It has to be a universal baby thing!

Marie said...

What a great moment you captured! I've laughed a few times too when they get themselves in a silly pickle.
He he -
Marie

Bri said...

You've done a great job documenting Eli's milestones....makes me want to run up and grab Ashley's baby book and catch up...

...going now...


LOVE the cowboy hat - I just bought the cutest little cowgirl skirt for Ashley at this site - They have cute little boy stuff too!

http://www.gogoosego.com/shop/index.php/action/category/id/3/

beth said...

What a beautiful picture! The colors - so...bronzy. Really nice. And that's an awesome hat. I always feel bad when I laugh at Sam as he cries about something I find silly, but that doesn't stop me from doing it:)

Ok if I link to you?

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I just love that song (your title)! Growing up my mom always sang that to my brother!

butterfly cocoon said...

He's just adorable!
I love your blog, by the way. Great writing and pictures!

OhTheJoys said...

Rooster was running in a firehat and smashed right into the wall. Did I help her or laugh. I think you know.