Thursday, June 29, 2006

Pots & Pans

Eli found the pots and pans last night. He is getting more and more bored with his exersaucer, mainly because he thinks he is mobile. (Yet he doesn't crawl or walk...hmmm...) That tends to be a problem when I'm trying to cook dinner. Sometimes I'll just put him in his booster seat/highchair, but unless I give him a constant stream of Cheerios, he's not happy. He can't spoon feed himself, so giving him dinner and saying 'eat' doesn't work either. Finger foods of the fruit or veggie variety are not options at the moment because he is in the let's-look-over-the-side-of-my-chair-and-watch-how-the-food-falls-to-the-ground phase. If I'm feeding him and can monitor this process, it's not too bad, but if I am 'ignoring' him, as I'd have to do in order to fix dinner, my floor would be a mess and Eli would have an empty tray in a matter of minutes.

This brings me to last night. I have him on the kitchen floor...toys all around...Eli's bored with everything . ("That toy is soo yesterday, Mom!") Trying to be creative, I start looking in a few drawers and cabinets for a new, fun toy. Then I remember reading about how much fun it is to make noise at that age. AHA! Pots and pans. I pulled two out of the cabinet and let him go wild. He loved it (for about 15 minutes). Next time I'll be sure to pull out the video camera.

3 comments:

Mall Worker said...

That is just too funny! I have the same problem too with Boo. Lord help me if I try to strap him in anything, and even if he's content in the high chair or saucer, he has to dump everything on the floor!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That photo is awesome!! My camera is on the outs and I am looking to get a new one... recommendations are so welcome!

beth said...

My life in the kitchen changed the day I set aside a whole cabinet of things Sam could take out and play with. Pots and pans, plastic spoons and utensils, veggie steamer, mixing bowls - he LOVES it. I threw in some plastic cups that he can strew around too.