Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mummified

This morning I had a few things to get done around the house before Eli went down for his nap, so I left him to play on the floor in our bedroom. As usual, I gave him three or four toys and came back to check on him every few minutes (relax: at any given time he was less than 12 feet from me). In one of the shorter spans of time, he managed to roll over to my bedside table, take my kickboxing wrap off of the shelf, unwrap it, and mummify himself. Once I discovered him I saw how he was wrapping himself up: he would roll around while he held the majority of it in his hands (smart kid).

After we finished upstairs I took Eli down to eat. He provided me with the perfect opportunity to snap a few pictures of him fussing for no real reason. (Lehr has been bugging me for months to catch these moments on film.) These pictures are for all of the people who see Eli and believe it's not possible that he might fuss or cry unnecessarily. This photo was taken mere seconds after I placed (gasp) a piece of avocado (a food he loves) on his tray.

3 comments:

beth said...

Both of those are hysterical. Sam has a face he makes when he is sort of "faking it." I need to catch a pic of that as well. I'm starting to see where tantrums begin...not good news.

Mall Worker said...

I just love that High Chair pic!

Gina said...

This fussy shot belongs in an ad of some sort. Perfect! Priceless! What a doll!