Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Late Night Swim

It has been crazy hot here for the last week or so. A few times I've actually wondered if I had lost my mind and moved back to the heat I despised in Florida! The main problem with the heat/humidity is that Eli LOVES to be outside, but it's just miserable out there right now. I've been trying to go for early morning walks with him on shady trails, but even by 9am it's sticky out to the point of his discomfort. To get around this problem tonight, Lehr took Eli over to the pool as soon as he got home from work. The sun was not so hot and they had the pool all to themselves: perfect! Eli loves when Lehr makes waves with his hands...he couldn't stop laughing. And he is (finally?) 'jumping' into the pool now. Ever since Eli's swim lessons back in March we've been showing him how to lean forward and fall into our arms. Tonight was the first time he did it..again and again and again and again....
(BTW - Happy 10-months, Eli!!!)

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Swimming lessons early, great idea. I need to start thinking about that too. And happy 10 month birthday, Eli!

beth said...

Jumping in?! Congrats on the diving Eli. That's so brave of him. It never occurred to me to try and get Sam to do something like that. He does love those waves though.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

The smile on his face in that picture is priceless!!

Mall Worker said...

I really need to get Boo into some sort of swimming lesson. Its on of the many things I have on my list of when I have money to do more then just exist. I love the big simile on his face! Happy 10 months Eli!!!

Gina said...

Yes, happy 10 months! What a fun little guy! I wish we had an accessable pool... that would be so fun!