Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Man And His Blanket

I've posted before about Eli's new obsession with his blanket. He can sleep without it, but it makes life a whole lot easier when he is holding it. I've been pretty strict on not letting it leave his bedroom (actually, not even his crib), with the rare exception being when we go to our community group since it extends well past his bedtime. (But that's only twice a month, so I think it qualifies as an exception.) I first noticed how much he cherished the blanket one day when I put Eli down for a nap and as soon as he had his hands on it, his thumb went into his mouth and he got instantly 'in the zone' and happy. Call him Pavlov's dog; this week I've noticed that when it's nap time, all I have to do is grab the blanket (if he's on the floor in his room) and the thumb goes to the mouth. Yesterday I was folding towels on the floor with Eli and I played Peek-A-Boo with him. The first time I pulled the towel off his face, he had his thumb in his mouth. I guess it was unfair of me, since it was so close to nap time, to tease him that way.

No comments: