Monday, June 05, 2006

All Grows Up

It happened. Right before my eyes. The first of many times when I will look at Eli and realize how 'grows up' he is.

This weekend Lehr installed Eli's new carseat. I keep calling it a BarcaLounger because when Eli sits in it, he seems to totally relax and become like a couch potato. The first time I put him in it I realized how mature he looked: pretty scary!

Then today, after his morning nap, Eli waved for the first time wtihout being totally prompted by me or Lehr. For the past few weeks I've been showing him how to wave all the time: when we see someone new, when someone leaves the room, before he goes down for his nap (we wave 'good-bye' to some things in his room), after he gets up from a nap... For a few days now he's been kind of shaking his arm after I shake it for him several times, but today he shook it completely on his own. I walked into his room (with the camera, thank goodness) and started talking to him and he waved! (Video) Before I know it, he'll be walking and talking...

3 comments:

Mall Worker said...

....or asking for the car keys and bringing home girls! I dread those days!

He looks so cute in his carseat and shades!

Gina said...

Oh my gosh, PRECIOUS! The grand finally... the WAVE! Oh that was a CUTE video! (and I like your crib bedding too)

Liam graduated to the big seat early and I thought just the opposite... "oh it makes him look so small again." He lounges in his too. GEEZ Louise those big convertable car seats take up like the WHOLE car! I am glad we got a bigger car early on...

chichimama said...

He's totally adorable! And we call my son's car seat the barka lounger too, how funny!