Friday, June 09, 2006

Long List....

I often post my "new favorite thing" about Eli. This installation will be no different. My new favorite thing about Eli this week is how he plays with his feet. I have a mirror above his car seat so I can see him in the rear-view mirror (since he's still facing backwards in the car). For the past few weeks we've been decreasing his shoe/bar time more and more, and sometimes he ends up in the car without his shoes. It's on those occasions when I look up to see him playing with his feet. Anyone with a baby, or anyone who has been around a baby is probably thinking, "Big deal; all babies play with their feet." Not babies stuck in casts or shoes attached to each other! He loves reaching for one foot and then the other, sometimes making a move to put one in his mouth. Eli doesn't engage in the foot-play too much at the house; when he's shoeless there he's much too busy trying to crawl or move (at this point he's only managed to do the backwards crawl/push). This activity is exclusively saved for the car seat.

On another note, Eli's third tooth popped out this afternoon. It wasn't there when he woke up, but as we were playing an hour ago, I could feel it on the top of his mouth. Now his smile will really start to change!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Playing with the feet really is a precious site. Everything my child does is absolutely adorable... we all know where you are coming from... especially since Eli has had limited access to his toes. ;)

Teeth! You are right, it will change their smile... Wow, they grow TOO fast!