Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Garden Variety

Cooper's mom and I took the boys to the Botanical Gardens today. They have a monthly storytime we wanted to check out, plus the scenery isn't too shabby! Although the pictures show them looking incredibly bored, I think they will really enjoy the storytime in about a year. (There is a mini-amphitheater set up in the Children's Garden, which is a really cool playground-ish setting for kids.) I thought Eli would enjoy the surroundings more, considering how silly he gets whenever he sees flowers up close. He did enjoy 'petting' the flowers any time I moved his stroller close enough.

Eli is threatening to become more mobile; he's been showing more signs of crawling when we take off his bar each day. His newest trick is to get up halfway on his knees and push backwards, eventually running into a wall and getting frustrated, but cool nonetheless.

I'm going to have to start turning over the spoon to Eli soon, also. For over a month now he's been 'helping' me feed him from time to time, but in the last few weeks he's been reaching more often and giggling uncontrollably as he helps me put the spoon (full of food) into his mouth. I might as well invest in a steam cleaner for the walls and floor now....

No comments: