Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weekend Fun

Last night we had a busy, but very enjoyable night. After nap time, I went to Eli's school to set up and start working the booth for his class at their annual Spring Fling festival. The booth 'game' was both a football and basketball toss. About 30 minutes into my shift, Lehr showed up with the kids and Eli ran straight for me. It was quite chaotic because everyone wanted to throw the basketballs and footballs; keeping track of all equipment was difficult! When I finished working, the four of us went around to a few other booths, including the hairspray and tattoo table where Eli got purple dots sprayed on his head (no camera - sorry). One of Eli's teachers pulled us over to introduce her (older) kids to Eli. She introduced them to him as though she'd spoken of him a lot at home (and it sounded like her reports were good!).

After we made the rounds, the four of us drove to a friends house for dinner. Normally we would have had our bi-monthly small group dinner, but all of the other families were busy, so it was just us. This meant Eli got some one on one with the older boy of that family: this does not usually happen.

Maddux spent most of the morning pushing the walker around the downstairs. She is really starting to pick up some speed! Her only obstacle seems to be, well, obstacles. When she runs into a wall or toy that stops her progress, she lets go and sits down as she hasn't yet figured out how to turn the walker.

After Maddux's nap this morning, Eli and I mowed the grass. I wish I had a picture, because I know it was a site. He followed behind me through the whole yard (front and back)....me pushing the real mower and Eli pushing his play mower. It was the highlight of Eli's weekend! The two of us then ran to Home Depot (a favorite of Eli's) to pick up some paint for a project I'm about to start in Max's room. He loved running in with me because we didn't use a cart; Eli just walked in the store next to me. All grows up!

1 comment:

bev said...

LOL Eli can mow our grass anytime! Maddux is too cute with her little sandals on. Not having a girl was a good thing for me. I would never stop shopping lol.