Saturday, April 05, 2008

Ka-Chow!!

Eli is speed. Or at least he thinks he is! Lehr and I bought him his first bike (complete with training wheels) last week. After his nap yesterday it was unveiled. After seeing lots and lots of bikes at the beach last week, Eli was very interested in having his own. He immediately told me "Daddy rides dat. Mommy rides dat.", as he'd seen us ride a lot while in Watercolor. After an initial walk-around to see all of the tires and bells and reflectors and chains, Eli pushed his bike in the garage for about ten minutes. Then he asked to get on it. He did pretty well when I showed him how to pedal, but he easily forgot that he had to motor it, so I ended up just pushing him most of the time. I'm sure he'll be zooming around the cul-de-sac on his own before long!

2 comments:

SmallvilleMom said...

I can't believe he's riding a big boy bike! So cute!

bev said...

Way to go Eli! We have to get out when the weather breaks for Andrew to ride his bike.