Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Humpty Dumpty

Eli had his first swim lesson this morning. He was all excited as we got ready, and he was skipping into the YMCA. Once we walked into the pool though, he clung to me a bit. He did not want to get his face in the water and he did not want me to turn him away from my body. Luckily, that lasted for about four minutes. Once we started singing "Wheels on the Bus", he was back to his usual fish-self. (Eli even told me several times, as he kicked his legs or blew bubbles, 'fishies do dat!'.) His favorite part was when we sang "Humpty Dumpty" and the kids fell into their parents arms in the water. Eli's 'fall' was a bit more of a jump, not that I was surprised. And he swam under the water pretty well. He couldn't wait to get dressed and go tell Max what he'd done while she was 'playing with other babies'.

We've had a few time outs today and a chastisement, but I'm totally banking on this new 'tude of Eli's to be a phase. I know we've been through tough ones in the past and though it's hard while I'm in the thick of it, it WILL pass.

1 comment:

bev said...

This reminds me that I really need to get Andrew into a swim class now that his tubes are out. Way to go Eli!