Friday, April 18, 2008

TGIF!

Thank goodness.... I'm not sure I'd survive another day of the insanity that has been this week!! Eli woke up in the same mood and 'tude he's been in all week, so I reminded him, gently but firmly, before he got out of his crib that we need to make good decisions with our attitude today. So far, he's taken that advice to heart. We had a good breakfast and then loaded up the car to go to the Y for our swim lesson. Poor Maddux actually fell asleep on the way there (way early for her morning nap), but she was fine once she got to the nursery.

Eli had a blast in the class. I really wish I could set up a video camera because this kid cracks me up! He loves to jump in the water and he does not mind dunking himself at all. Before we had the kids climb out for the "Humpty Dumpty" part he loves so much, the teacher instructed us to have the kids hold onto the wall to recite their ABC's. While we sang the song, we were to help them bob up and down, wetting their chin each time, while only holding on to the wall with their hands. I never once had to help Eli stay afloat or bob...he had it down pat and did it "all by-self".

Once we got home, we put Maddux down for her (real) nap and went out front to play catch. Eli's bat and tee are in 'time out' due to his issues this week, so the ball and glove were his only options. We played very well for almost 45 minutes before coming inside to feed Max and do blanket time. The only time out occured during blanket time. My rule is no wrestling or pushing of any kind during blanket time. Eli would not follow that (even after a warning), so he ended up in his crib for the last five minutes. This is partially my fault; I need to have the kids use separate blankets. The three of us went out to the back deck for a picnic lunch and football before naps and the 'tude never once resurfaced. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love it when the "tude" is gone! Ryan has his days as well.