Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Criss Cross, Applesauce

Maddux often plays for up to 20 minutes before she falls asleep during nap time(s) these days. I usually leave her door open when I leave, so I can go back to check on her once she's quiet. More than half the time in the last few weeks, I've found her in a seated position, but with her face in her lap. As if she was sitting up and playing only to realize she was too tired to do anything but rest her head. Regardless of my past years of dance and yoga, I cannot think of a more uncomfortable way to sleep....the body just isn't meant to bend that way! I know it makes Mad Dog a bit uncomfortable because I usually 'right' her when I find her in this position. She yells out in what I can only assume is pain due to the blood rushing back into her legs. Luckily, she then falls right back to sleep.

No comments: