Sunday, April 27, 2008

On Her Own Two Feet

Today was a first: Maddux let go of the train table and stood for a good five or six seconds before gently sitting down. We'd been expecting it for a while based on her increased ability to pull herself up and down all day and walk with a walker. Yet this totally caught me by surprise when it happened. I only happened to see it because I was talking to Lehr and he was behind her. (Normally I miss a lot of what Maddux does these days. Between her zooming around here at a break-neck speed and me being otherwise occupied with Eli, I'm sure I've missed a true 'first' here or there.) Eli was just about this age when he was able to spend most of his day without the bar. Obviously that put him a bit behind the curve for crawling and walking (he wasn't even crawling at Maddux's age), but she's obviously working hard to make sure the two of them average out to a standard schedule.

No comments: