Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mrs. Buttafew?

Eli is really starting to question new words now. He'll ask to see certain words if he's unsure what they are when they come up in books. Usually this means 'skyscraper' or 'Arizona'. Today this was difficult for me to explain, let alone show him. In one of his favorite books, "H is for Homerun", the page about 'U' caused some confusion. You see, 'U' is for the umpire who makes the call and misses but a few. Eli kept asking, "See her?" I didn't get what he meant, so I asked, "See who?" To which he replied, "Mrs. Buttafew."

Eli's newest phrase has to do with his less-than-quiet sister. When Maddux starts yelling or talking loudly in the car, usually while Eli is trying to talk to me or listen to music, he'll tell her, "No make noise, Max!!"

1 comment:

Heather said...

How cute! I love the discovery ages!