Thursday, April 17, 2008

Daily Mad Dog

Maddux is working on more teeth, but she is still a very happy baby most of the time. I think it is her #1 goal each day to play as much peek-a-boo as possible. (And I never get tired of watching her play!) When she first started the game, I had to be the initiator. To get her to play, I would have to place a blanket over her face and say "Where is Maddux?" Now, if she has any type of blanket or burp cloth, she'll pull it up over her face and then pull it down, giving her audience the most adorable grin ever.

Max is walking with a walker now. Every few steps, the vehicle moves too fast for her and she inevitably ends up on her knees, but she quickly gets back up and resumes her stroll. She gets jealous when I hold Eli to read him stories sometimes; she'll crawl over and climb up my leg until I pull her into my lap also. (This makes for a very crowded chair, by the way.)

Mad Dog is not a huge fan of self-feeding. Because we have carpet in our eating area and because it is so hectic at mealtimes when I'm here alone, most of the time I only offer her the opportunity for a few minutes. Unlike Eli at this age, Maddux could care less if she gets the food in her mouth: she'd rather see what happens when she drops the morsels over the side of her tray. She did eat her first Gardenburger last week though, and enjoyed it thoroughly, I might add. (Eli was ecstatic that Max was eating the same thing as he was that night!)

Maddux's most consistent pose (for pictures) is the self-control pose, with her hands clasped in front of her. How I wish Eli would take her lead in this area right now!

3 comments:

bev said...

She is gorgeous! She's handling those teeth like a trooper too.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Maddux in the blue dress. Precious!

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous. I think we are dealing with teething right now. Peyton hasn't shown any sign of teeth, but he is drooling like crazy and is super fussy. It makes for some very long days. Glad she is doing better with the teething.

Amy