Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day

Eli is back in the saddle: he had his first real day of school today. We got all dolled up, posed for a few pictures (just like last year), and we were off. He did tell me once as we were loading into the car, "I no wanna go to skool.", but there were no tears, and he seemed to forget that thought immediately. He exited the car (via carpool lane) with no tears, and he never once looked back at the car. (That made it easier for me!) When Maddie and I picked him up, he was all smiles and laughs. Another teacher ran towards our car as Eli got in, waving to me. She told me that she worked in Eli's room for part of the day today and he was SUCH a joy to be around. She complimented me on my sweet-natured son. Music to my ears!! The whole way home I asked him about his day and he reported back to me that he played trains, cooked, pushed the lawn-mower and ate a bolly-op. It took me a while to figure it out, but I think he means 'lolly-pop'. Not exactly my snack of choice, but I'm trying to not be such an anti-sugar freak in social situations.

As we got ready today, Maddie could tell it was a special day too. She danced and laughed with Eli all morning as we ate and took pictures. Check out her silly face!!

3 comments:

bev said...

Yay Eli! I'm gald he had a great first day back! Hands down, this is now my favorite picture of Mad Dog!

Mama D said...

That's so great. Miss A is starting preschool next week too! First year! I hope she has a good time too.

They are both so gorgeous. I love Maddie's shoes!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a difference from last year's pic to this year! What a big boy he is now! - Courtney