Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday, Monday

School has been in session for two weeks now and I really miss Eli. It's only 9 hours/week, but the three mornings he is at school, I really miss him! As much as Maddux probably enjoys one-on-one with Mommy, I know she misses him too. But there is no way I could deny him; he absolutely loves school. When I pick him up, he climbs into the car and immediately tells me something random. Sometimes it is about snack ("We have goldfish today, Mommy!"), sometimes it is about someone in his class ("Alex fall down and cry today. He want his mommy."), but most of the time it is about something he learned. Today he climbed in the back seat and said, "Leaves fall off trees cuz it's Seh-tem-mer. Leaves in the fall, Mommy." I asked him where he learned that and he told me they read a book at school. Never mind that I also read him a book about leaves changing colors and falling. Never mind that we also talk about the seasons and what happens in fall during breakfast and lunch. Just like last year, Eli gets most of his retained information from his school. And I love that he loves learning. Maybe next week he'll solve the mess on Wall Street...

Maddux, Maddux, Maddux. Where do I begin? With her new shrill, attention-seeking scream? With her blatant disregard for the word 'no'? Nah.... I'll go with the wonderful way she signs off before naps and bedtime. As she's becoming more 'vocal' with her signing, she uses certain ones all of the time. Particularly 'bye-bye' waving and blowing kisses. If she is leaving the room, she always says "AH!" and waves until someone waves back to her. And when I put her in her crib and sing her a song, towards the end, she'll say "AH!", wave and then cover her (open) mouth with her palm before pulling it away (her version of blowing kisses). I do love this. She also signs 'milk' all of the time (Eli laughs when she gives a 'double milk' sign, using both hands.), as well as 'hot' and 'fish'.

To round out this entry, I'll dote on the kids' relationship again. It is still a good one, even though Maddux is becoming more vocal about her toy preference. Eli still shares SO well with her, and Maddux usually shares well with Eli. My favorite thing right now is Eli's request after meals and after baths. He will ask me, "May I play with my Maddie?" Sometimes he'll change it up and say, "I wanna play with my sis-ser."; can you say 'melt'?

No comments: