Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Positive Feedback

I took the kids to the play area at the gym this morning while I snuck in a quick workout. They go once a week, at most, and they never stay more than an hour. (I'm usually pretty tired due to bootcamp.) The last two times we went, Eli didn't cry but he wasn't happy to be there. Even though the other kids were having a blast playing with the 'teachers', Eli told me, "I just wait for Mommy.", when I asked him what he did. And Maddux usually does ok, but she's been drooling and a bit fussy the last few days due to teething, so I didn't know what to expect from her. Both kids got glowing reports today! Maddux was crawling through the play-yards like they were part of an obstacle course when I went to pick her up. She was having such a good time that I had to call her three times before she noticed I was there to get her! The caregiver in her room told me, "She is such a happy baby!" Then we went over to Eli's room and he was totally engrossed in a block-build with three or four other kids. I had to call him to get his attention too. When the 'teacher' came over to open the door, she told me, "He plays so well with other kids." Man...music to my ears on both accounts. Regardless of the hard times I have with each of them at the house, if they are always a joy to be around when they are in the presence of others, that's all I can ask for.

1 comment:

Desiree Blake said...

Looks like the kids had fun in the water. I took David to Disneyland again yesterday and he played in something very much the same. It was hot yesterday!