Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hair Clips, Headbands and Tutus; OH MY!

I posted about Sparkle and Charm Boutique a few months ago, but since then I've ordered more (girly!!) stuff, so I thought I'd share again. The new website is still under-construction so please be patient as photos are still being uploaded and kinks are being worked out.
As much as I try to get Maddie to wear barrettes or hair clips, she loves to pull them out and hand them to me, as if we are playing a game of mommy-clips-my-hair-and-I-unclip-it. Clips often get lost during this game, so I haven't had much of a chance for Max to wear the new clips I bought from Kathryn, but I am excited for that day to come. (Plus, the Sparkle and Charm clips do not pull her hair out, like the store-bought ones I have, making Maddie a much happier little girl.)

I recently purchased a handful of flower hair clips, mostly on the small side due to Maddie's lack of substantial hair. As usual, the craftsmanship and attention to detail in Sparkle and Charm's work is flawless. The clips are even cuter than the pictures on her site, and the clips stand up to Maddie's grabbing hands. Also, when I ordered the clips, Kathryn (Sparkle and Charm) contacted me suggesting an alternative base clip to the one she usually uses for the product I chose. (I do not know all of the proper clip/barrette lingo, but I believe we ended up with an 'alligator' clip, which holds better in Maddie's hair.) A few friends of mine have also ordered from Sparkle & Charm, so I've seen a variety of clips and I can attest that they are all of superior quality. Plus, they are easy on the wallet. And just like with Maddie's tutu, the turnaround time for my order was really quick.

As I mentioned in my previous post about Sparkle and Charm, Kathryn also makes custom tutus, which are gorgeous. If you or anyone you know has a small child (preferably a girl), this would be a great purchase. Who doesn't love a photo of little legs poking out from underneath yards of tulle?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are adorable pictures of Maddie! I'm so glad you're happy with the hair clips, as well as her tutu!

Thanks for the fabulous review and the referral business from your friends!

~ Kathryn

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO cute! Her hair will grow faster than you think! Wish I had those clips for Emily's "poof" when she was Mad Dog's age! - Courtney