Thursday, September 04, 2008

Fun Times

The questions have gone from "Where carrots grow?" to "Where burritos grow?" and "Where sandwiches grow?" to "Where tables grow?" and "Where cars grow?" It was hard enough explaining that burritos and sandwiches don't just 'grow'...now I have to figure out how to explain cars and whatnot? At least he's curious and in search of answers. I will say that he retains the information too. Even though he still asks me "Where water grow?" each day, as soon as I ask him (in response) "Where does water come from, Eli?", he is quick to tell me, "Lakes and wivers."

Eli had a great blanket time today while I worked on some pictures. He found his french dictionary that I bought for him when he was about two months old. As soon as the buzzer rang he wanted me to read it with him. I asked him to repeat most of the words I pronounced for him and he made an honest attempt each time. Most of the time he sounded like Joey speaking french in Friends, but at least he was trying.

The kids and I went to the park we frequent on Wednesdays yesterday after their naps. There is a one-man show there singing and playing the guitar AND drums. (Eli is totally in awe.) Most of their dancing was done by the time I grabbed the camera, but here is a small taste of their enthusiasm.

Speaking of the camera, I have yet to get my New Favorite Thing on video, but I promise to keep trying. Eli loves, LOVES, to rock Maddux. He says, "I wok Maddie now." and then he waits for me to put her in his lap. Sometimes convincing her is difficult, but she usually likes it. Then he rocks back and forth while I sing "Rock-a-bye-baby". He thinks it is the best. Tonight he actually sang along and of all the words in the song, "bough" is the one he got spot-on. Go figure!!

No comments: