Tuesday, September 09, 2008

3-Year Well Check

Eli had his 3-year appointment with the pediatrician this morning. He was not at all scared, which I am very thankful for. I think it helps that he's been able to see Maddux go so much the last year, and nothing too scary happens. The three of us show up two minutes after our appointment time (very typical for us at that time of the morning due to Atlanta traffic), and we get ushered right in. Eli weighed in at 30.5lbs (50th percentile) and he measured 37 3/4" tall (50th percentile). He even got his blood pressure taken this time!! I don't remember the numbers, but they were good, as one would expect from a 3-year-old. The doctor looked in his ears, looked in his eyes, looking in his mouth, and listened to his heart. Then she had him do a few spacial awareness and physical ability tests: touching his nose with eyes closed, jumping with both feet, etc. He passed with flying colors. The visit ended with a flu shot for both kids. I opted for Eli to go first, as I knew Maddie would cry and maybe scare him. He sat very still and only flinched slightly when he felt the pinch. No tears at all. ("I be braved.", he told me.) Then Maddie went and she cried like...well, a baby. Eli tried to reassure her, but when we got in the car he told me, "Maddux not be braved. She cwy."

No comments: