Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Day At The Park

The kids and I met a group of other moms and kids at a local park for a big MOPS play date this morning. As expected, as soon as Eli saw Logan, Noah, and Tyler, he immediately went to play with them. Noah and Eli were scaling the rope wall right away, and when they both made it to the top (and then slid down the slide to the bottom), they ran over to Cara and I and each said, "I made it!!" I am so happy that Eli has such good friends. It makes me sad that he won't go to school with these boys given how far we live from them, but I'm glad he will have great non-school buddies to hang out with on the weekends. It is so cool to see the four of them totally gravitate towards each other at all times. This past Sunday, Eli and Noah got into a little bit of trouble in Sunday School when their fun game of blocks turned into throwing blocks. That's usually what tends to happen (especially with those two): they start out innocently enough and then they have so much fun that they put both feet right over 'the line'. I can see those two in a tree house in the not-so-distant future, plotting where to put frogs or bugs in an effort to scare Maddux and her friends....

Speaking of friends, Shannon emailed me a picture that I missed while we were at the beach. Here are Maddie, Tyler and Eli, all stuffed into the bike-trailer on the way to the beach one day. What a good time they all had!!

No comments: