Sunday, September 07, 2008

Random Videos

I haven't been using the video camera much lately, because by the time I think to find it, the kids have stopped whatever 'cute' activity they were engaging in that cause me to search out said camera. That being said, I have a few short clips of recent times around the house.

1. Monkey See, Monkey Do. So true in our house. If Maddux is doing something, Eli follows suit. If Eli does something, Maddie copies him. This was played out in the tub the other night. As I said, by the time I grabbed the camera, they were tired of the game, but they did reenact it once for me:


2. Maddux dances. All of the time. And much like Eli when he first started, it is quite a sight. She starts by shaking her hands. Then she stops the hands and starts marching in place, then she stops the feet and starts bouncing her knees. Then she stops the knees and starts moving her head up and down. Then she stops the head and pulses her torso front and back. Then Mad Dog repeats it all again. One body part at a time. Eli is still an energetic dancer, flailing arms and jumping around until he falls. I think a mosh pit is in his future.


3. My house is loud. L.O.U.D. And all it takes is for one (usually Maddux) to start being loud for the other to chime in. This week we were a little short on entertainment one afternoon, so I pulled the video camera out. Maddie gave several cute smiles and lip purses and Eli tried to hog the camera. (He was supposed to be otherwise occupied with his guitar, but once he saw me pull the camcorder out, he was in the kitchen in a flash.) I cut most of the loud spots, but I think there are a few hints of the volume still in this clip.

No comments: